Saturday, January 16, 2010

My art featured in Victorian Homes Magazine


On the newstands now! February 2010 issue. Wow, I was stunned how beautiful the article is and it's nine pages long featuring full color pages of my art. The article was written by Jennifer Myers and editor for the magazine. She couldn't have described me more perfectly!
The title is called "Piecing it Together". Jennifer explains where my art all started, details of my method of making art and in her words captures the love and fun I have creating it.

The magazine also features a side article about Victorian Photocollage that is being exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY through May then to the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto. Also two books written about this turn of the century past time called "Playing with Pictures" and "The Marvelous Album of Madame B" that are available at the museum shop of the Art Institute of Chicago. Jennifer sent me a copy of the first book and it is awesome! It is also mentioned in this article how similar my collage art is to this museum collection. I knew I was born yesterday!

I am very proud to have my art published and such kind words written about it in a magazine I have read for years. I did all the photography too, and pleased how it turned out. I'm just tickled pink!!

http://www.cathyhorner.com

6 comments:

Amber Tabangay said...

Just read the article in Victorian Homes and was so tickled to even have mixed media art collage mentioned. I have always been drawn to Victorian arts and crafts of all kinds and have recently discovered altered art/mixed media. I found your story inspiring because I too am relatively new to the artform but feel it is such a perfect fit for me. I will be bookmarking your blog on mine under my list of favorite altered artists/inspirations!

Sarah Ogren said...

Congrats! That's exciting news.

Our Hands For Hope said...

How great. It's a wonderful magazine!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, truly wonderful for you and that makes it even more special to me that an artist such as yourself enjoyed my art enough to want to win it on OWOH XXX

rochambeau said...

How exciting, congratulations Cathy!

apinkdreamer said...

i love this magazine! and your work is faboulous!!!!!!!